Saturday, August 2, 2008

Caution : Excessive Heat Ahead


Today I woke up with the urge to do something outside. I have been restless for the past few months (we are way past our semi annual trip to the northeast). The sky was the prettiest shade of blue and I thought maybe it would be nice to have a picnic and we could take Daisy and Paloma with us and just hang out by the pond in front of our house. I checked weather.com to see how the weather was going to hold up. Needless to say the first thing I saw was this:

My whole life I have dealt with Texas summers, and every year I hope that by some miracle it won’t be as hot as it was the summer before.
I still had hope; maybe we could leave the house tomorrow. I continued on to check the 10-day forecast.



So then (I guess I felt the need to torture myself) I checked the 10 day in Boston.


I just hope that all the Bostonians are taking advantage of their weather and having tons of picnics on the Boston Common. If I close my eyes long enough, I can imagine being there myself.

2 comments:

Joanna said...

Yuuucckkk. I don't miss that heat. I'm sure you will love getting out of it someday! :)

Michell said...

I would comment, but I'm breathless from hyperventilating....